Monday, July 14, 2014

Sunshiny Birthday Wishes

I've been wanting to craft more but the past two weeks has been super hectic.  I decided to change my craft room from a deep red to a bright sunflower yellow.  I just go with the colors I like and guess what?  They are the two hardest colors to paint with and to cover.  Yes, five coats of paint later, I'm calling it done.  I actually did not like the first color I used since it is my hallway color, a light yellow.   I felt it did not have the same wow factor as my old craft room.  I always try to make life as difficult as possible.  I think it is programed in my genes to do that.  :-D  I think it carries over into my crafts too.  It takes me a long time to make some cards.  I love looking at clean and simple cards for that reason.  I used to do more clean and simple cards when I was always pressed for time.  Now I do spend more time on cards.  I have to admit when I was making this card, I almost changed directions to make it easier and faster.  However, I told myself that I would not be satisfied unless I follow through.  The very same thing I told myself when I was painting my room.  Anyway, when I showed this card to Honey, he told me that I broke some law of cuteness.  :-D  Too Funny!  He knows how much I love this girl from from My Favorite Things Everyday Is A Picnic.  She is just soooo adorable!

First, I die cut blue card stock with MFT Blueprint #13 to get the dashed lines around the border.  Then I die cut a circle opening on both the blue panel and card base.  I layered the cardbase with clear plastic film and blue cardstock.  I cut a strip of yellow and dark orange card stock and use the same die to get the embossed dashes lines.  Then I stamped the sentiment from MFT Blue Skies Ahead on the yellow cardstock and cut banner tail on one side.  I stamped and colored the MFT Everyday Is A Picnic girl before gluing her onto a white card and fussy-cutting her out.  I was trying to cover up the marker that bled through.  I placed her on the card before adhering both the yellow and orange cardstocks on top.  I added some die cut butterflies from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embossilits and stamped the swirls.  To finish the card, I used a glitter pen on the swirls and Wink of Stella on the flowers on her outfit.
For the inside, I die cut a blue panel with MFT Blueprint #13 and clouds from Impression Obsession.  I also stamped the sun in Memories yellow ink from MFT Everyday Is A Picnic set.  Then I stamped the birthday sentiment from Stampendous Birthday Wish in black Brilliance ink.  



You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda :-) the image is very cute and I love the way you made an acetate window ! fab layout too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so much fun making this card.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.