Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Watercolored Flowers In A Planter

Call me weird but I love rainy summer days.  It means my garden gets watered, and I don't have to be running around outside, and possibly get to be in my craft room.  It's like a mandatory day of rest from Mother Nature.  Also, I love lightning storms.  Anyway, I made this card similar to my watercolored bouquet card following Dawn of WPlus9 video.  I love having flower pots on my porch so it was fun to pick the flowers I want growing in them.

First, I stamped the flower pot from Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows in Distress vintage photo ink.  Then I stamped stems and flowers from Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms.  I used a wet brush to soften the edges of the stamped images.  I also drag some of the green from the stem to fill in the white gaps between the flowers.  I used watered down Distress ink stormy sky to create the shadow.  I layered the card onto a blue panel die cut from My Favorite Things Blueprint #13 and a white card base.



You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful - I can't stop looking at it! WOW! It is a true work of art. Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your awesome comment! It made my day! :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coloring!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love playing with my Distress inks, especially with Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms set.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.