Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Baby Shaker Card

Most of my friends are done having babies, so I rarely get to make baby cards anymore.  So I was happy to find out that a new friend of mine is having a baby.  I met her through my son and she is just so funny and matter-of-fact but not matter-of-fact mean.  I love people like that!  Anyway, I was itching to make a shaker card again, and sad to said but I've never use this stamp set and it is over a year old.  The more craft blogs I read, the more I discovered that I am not alone.  My basket is getting full of stuff that have never been used before.  Is my hoarding tendencies coming out?!  :-D  I have to admit that I have been better about it, now that I have this huge basket sitting on my desk.  Also, the basket is a reminder to hold off buying more stamps.  This is my second year of seriously papercrafting again, so I am getting a better idea of what I use and.  But that doesn't necessary mean that I don't have a long wish list.  I know, it is so hard to be on a budget.  :-)  Okay, enough of that.  Back to the card.
First, I used My Favorite Thing Blueprint #14 die to create the top pink panel.  I just love the stitched borders!  Then I stamped the tiny dots from Hero Arts with Versamark and glue clear plastic sheet on the back of the opening.  I stamped the giraffe from Recollections Zoo-licious and color him in with markers.  I added pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad to the square cardbase before stamping the sentiment from Fresh Squeezed Stamps. Then I placed foam adhesive around the pink cardstock opening and added sequins from Lawn Fawn Let's Polka and Hello Sunshine.  Once I popped the pink panel up, I added the giraffe that I fussy-cut and tied a pink embroidery floss around its neck.




You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! We should make a shaker card together.

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet baby card! Love the happy colors. Thank you so much for playing along with the Shake It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Shaker cards are so much fun!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.