Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Sky's The Limit Congratulation Pop-Up card

I feel like there has been a lot of shakers cards being made lately.  I've never made one on my own before.  I've gone to one class that made it with a little clear bag which I've not seen done before, but thought that was a fast way to make a shaker card.  I decided to give it a try using the old fashion method of placing foam adhesive all around the window area.  Now I have bought the Scotch huge roll of foam adhesive about 18 years ago and just this past weekend used it up.  I used my foam adhesive sparingly and also, I took a 8 year break from serious card making, so it has taken me this long to finish it.  Luckily, I had order another one from Amazon and it just came in today.  Just in time for me to make a shaker card with too.  Yay!
First, I used my Spellbinder circle and scallop circle dies, and Fiskars Fuse to cut a window and scallop circle for my window.  I used pattern papers from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad.  I love this pad!  I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Blue Skies stamp set on the pattern paper with Brilliance black ink.  Then I placed foam adhesive all around the window area after I glue clear plastic from a sticker package over the opening.  I used sequins from both Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine and Let's Polka and Studio Calico before adhering it to the cardbase that was layered with pattern paper.  I finished the card by placing a small hot air balloon that I stamped and colored in blue.   

Inside the card, I created a pop-up sentiment with my Silhouette Cameo and cut it out to layer the inside.  I follow this awesome video to create this pop-up.





You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, Linda! Awesome congrats card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.