Sunday, June 22, 2014

Happy I Do Day

I'm at an age where weddings are a rare occurence, since most of my friends are settled with kids.  So it was nice to make a wedding card again.  I had picked up some Martha Stewart wedding invitation kit that was less than a dollar, a while ago, at Joann's craft store.  I just love the pattern on the back of the card, so I thought I could use it on a card and it included envelopes!  I love a good bargain.  Anyway, I thought silver and pink would be traditionally good together.
First, I layered the card base with silver pattern paper from Martha Stewart followed by a strip of pink cardstock.  Then I stamped and fussy cut the wedding outfits from Recollections.  I colored the outfit and placed it on a circle that I die cut with a Spellbinder die and pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad.  Then I adhered it to the card.  I also die cut a silver rectangle frame using My Favorite Things Blueprint 13 and Lil'Inker stitched rectangle, and placed the frame on the card.  I finished the card with some pearls on the dress.  

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from Stampin' Up Word Play set in black Brilliance ink.



You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.