Monday, June 30, 2014

Congrats On Your Retirement Lilies

There's something charming and so small town about my sons having the same art teacher as my husband.  She is a lovely lady that clearly have style and tons of talent.  I mean, real artistic talent, painting portraits type.  So I was a little intimated to give her one of my cards, since I know a true artist will be looking at it.  I'm still very shy about my cards and craft.  I know I display my cards for the whole world to view on the Internet, but I can hide behind a screen.  I still feel very much like a novice at times, and know that I still have a lot to learn.  So many things to learn and so little time.  ;-)  Anyway, I absolutely love these lilies dies from My Favorite Things and had to use them for this card, especially since I was inspired by my own garden.  I decided to color them in with similar colors this time.  You seen me color these die cuts a little before, on another one of my post based on a video by Jennifer McGuire.  I love using my markers to color the die cuts to give them depth and dimension.  In this post, I share how I store my markers and how I test what markers blend well.  
First, I layered the white card base with pattern paper from Jillibean Soup Chilled Cucumber Soup 6x6 pad.  Then I die cut the lilies 3 times on my Fiskar Fuse.  I used Copic makers and Sharpie to color the lilies before adhering them onto the card.  I also used a black permanent pen to add black dots to the petals.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold And You and The Big, The Bold And Extras stamp sets.  I used some rolled up glue dot and foam adhesive to give some of the flowers dimension.



Below is a picture of the lilies I put into my garden this year.  I love the color it adds to my garden.



You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. oh WOW, this is a stunning card, I adore the red against the yellow, very pretty! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. It totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.