Monday, May 5, 2014

Thanks Bunches Card

I've been working in the garden and preparing it for planting some vegetables.  Every year as I'm working the garden, I have a new level of respect for farmers.  I am exhausted and achy by the end of the day, and the last thing I want to do or even think about is dinner.  I just want someone to put food in front of me and go to town with it.  Since it was the weekend, my husband did just that.  So I am very thankful for that.  I haven't got any flowers yet, since my garden is not quite ready for them, but I'm excited by the prospect of them.  So making this card was a no-brainer.  If you follow me, you probably seeing a trend here since every other card or so, I'm making a floral card.    
I chose kraft paper because I wanted to try out this technique where I take the back of the stamp and stamp it in white to give it a solid shaped background.  Jennifer McGuire showed this layered stamping technique in this video a while ago and it took me this long to try it out.  I love the look of white on kraft paper.  I also felt these flowers were perfect for this technique.  I discovered this company, Fresh Squeezed Stamps, a few months ago and it's when they were going out of business, which is too bad since I really like their stamps.  Anyway, first I stamped the shape of the flower in Brilliance white ink, starting with the largest flower first.  Then I stamped the flowers in MementoLuxe inks.  I created a mask for each flower so I can stamp the leaves in.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  
To finish the card, I added enamel dots and I used a white gel pen to add dashed lines and dots to the floral bunch before mounting it onto a white card base.   


You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Love the effect of your stamping on kraft - the white base for the flowers really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Linda! I love your colour choices and those flowers look amazing on kraft. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.