Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bon Voyage

I rarely ever make travel cards, unless someone is going on a long trip.  Then I like to bust out a card to wish them safe travels and a fun trip.  One of my nephew has an opportunity of a lifetime, and he will be spending the summer travelling.  He is an awesome and crazy talented, young man! I could not be more happy for him but I wish I could go with him.  :-)  Anyway, here I am with another masculine card challenge.  I decided to use Hero Arts Challenge Sketch #2 to make the card.  I had this Hero Arts Travel set for a while, and have been meaning to use it on my vacation scrap pages but have not done it yet.  So I decided to get it out for this project.

First, I layered a white cardstock with pattern paper from My Mind's Eye that I distress inked with Antique Linen Distress ink.  Then I cut a white cardstock into a tag shape and stamped travel icons in black ink.  I used Distress inks(Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap) to add color to the tag with a blending tool.  Then I placed sticker letters onto a strip of blue cardstock to create the sentiment on a banner.  I stamped the plane and circle sentiment, and fussy-cut them out before placing them onto the tag with foam adhesive.  To finish the card, I added some sequins from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine.

For the inside, I stamped the globe and added some music notes die cuts from My Favorite Things.

   
You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is a super fun card, I adore the travel tag...just splendid! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun making it. :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.