Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lovely Easter Lilies

Help!  I'm addicted to hauls videos.  LOL!  :D  Why do I find it so fascinating to see what people buy?  Seriously, it's not like I'm getting the goodies, but for some reason, I enjoy watching them.  Usually I'm thinking," Lucky duck!", "I want that! Must put it on my shopping list", or "Wow! Cha-ching! Cha-ching!  Wish I can go to their house to play".  :)  Sooo dangerous!  You're probably wondering if I have a haul and my delightful answer is "YES!".  So my latest haul is from a company that I have never bought from.  I didn't know this but I have two of their dies already that I got from Simon Says Stamp.  I started following Amy R. and she is on the design team for My Favorite Things (MFT) and I love the dies that she used.  I started following MFT's latest release and I was a kid in a candy shop with all the great products they had.  I placed my first order with them to try out some of their stamps too.  I just got my order this weekend and I dove right in and played, just a little.  It was too nice to be inside, but I did take a creative break here and there.  I knew I wanted this MFT Lily die when I saw it, but especially, when Jennifer McGuire used it in this video.  I knew I wanted an Easter card with white lily too.  So this is the result of all my wants.  :-)
First, I die cut the lilies twice with MFT lilies die-namics and my Fiskars Fuse.  I used my markers to color leaves, stems and centers of the lilies.   I created a card front with dashed cut lines that I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo.  I wanted to see if I can create the dashed lines without a die but the grooves were not as defined as a die could make.  Anyway, I arranged the lilies on the light purple cardstock so I know where to stamp the sentiment from Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday stamp set with MementoLuxe Sweet Plum ink.  I adhered all the flower parts to the card, and used glue dots to lift some of the lilies to give it dimension.  Then I layered a white cardstock with purple cardstock for the cardbase, and adhere the card to the cardbase with a foam adhesive.  I had to hold myself back big time from using my Wink of Stella pen.  I just felt for Easter, simple with no glitz is best.  I love how this bouquet of lilies and can't wait to give it to my in-laws.  I get so excited to give people something that I made, almost as much as getting a package in the mail.  :-)

For the inside, I layered it with purple cardstock and used a cross that was cut from my Silhouette Cameo when I was cutting Easter eggs for decoration.


You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.