Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Floral Thanks A Bunch

Every now and then, I challenge myself to make a clean and simple (CAS) card.  Easier said than done since I am not too inspired to make them.  I tend to layer and have a lot of colors on my cards.  It's really difficult to have a lot of white space for me since I feel it is so plain.  I love other people's CAS card but mine, I feel are too plain.  So here is another go at it.  I really enjoyed all the stamping and colors.


I love Lawn Fawn's Penelope's Blossom stamp set and it was a perfect set to use since I am dying to put some flowers in my garden.  I die cut a circle for a different project, and decided to use the negative as a mask for my stamping around the card.  Since I recently discovered that Michael's craft store sells 110 pound cardstock, I had to get my hand on those to try it out.  I normally use Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock as my card base but thought I should upgrade when I'm making a one layer card.  I have to say that I am impressed by how smooth and nice it takes stamped images.  I'm actually running low on my Neenah Solar White that I got a case of, way back when, so I have been looking into other cardstocks and I'm glad that there is one good local alternative.  I stamped a variety of flowers with different ink pads, mostly Brilliance ink pad.  I start with the largest flowers and leaves first and fill in the circle with smaller flowers and leaves.  To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Thanks A Bunch stamp set in black Brilliance ink.   


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.