Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Color My World With Music

Life is taking over again and I have not been in my crafting room as much.  I have acquired some new stamps and embossing folders these past few months but I just do not have the time to play.  I'm trying to be better about using my new supplies, but sometimes inspiration does not hit.  Even though I have seen what other people have done with the same stamps, I try my hardest not to CASE(copy and steal everything or whatever version of the acronym).  Hence, it sits in my "new" box until I am inspired to use it.  
Anyway, I just got this Stampin' Up Arrows embossing folder and I always like to run it through twice, once as a sample for my embossing folder in storage and another to possibly use for a project.  Since it was staring at me on my desk, I had to use it with my new Stampin' Up Countless Sayings 2 photopolymer stamp.  I'm always in search of good clear stamps and this set from Stampin' Up is sturdy and stamps nicely.  I hope they make more clear stamps.  I have to admit that is the only type of stamps that I buy now.  The only thing you should beware of, is that the printed image on the sheet that it comes on does come off easily.  I placed my clear stamp on top of the printed image since I needed my acrylic block and I didn't want to lose it, and when I pull the stamp off, so did some of the ink on the printed image on the acetate packaging.  Yes, I am one of those people that like their stamps and packaging looking new.  I know I'm strange like that.  :D  Okay, back to the card.  I had these musical notes dies from My Favorite Things for awhile and used them once, and always used black cardstock with them.  I thought I brighten things up a little by cutting them out with white cardstock and coloring them with markers.  I have to admit that I rarely cross over to the unexpected, as in I keep it true to what I normally see it.  I know, BORING!  :)  Sometimes, I have to force myself to just let it go and be a child again when it comes to creativity.  Who knows, you might even see a purple polka dot dog on one of my cards.  Ha!  :D 

First, I embossed white cardstock with Stampin'Up Arrow Embossing Folder and Fiskars Fuse and adhered it to the card base.  Then I die cut My Favorite Things musical notes dies 3 times and colored them with my markers.  I stamped the "happy" sentiment in black and cut it out.  Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment on blue cardstock with Lawn Fawn Check This Out stamp set and cut it in an arrow shape.  I used two different height dimensionals to adhere the sentiments to the card.  Then I glue the notes to the card. This was a simple card but I loved the way it came out.



Challenges/Giveaway:
- Simon Says Happy Birthday


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the colourful musical notes.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun and happy card...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.