Monday, March 31, 2014

Rainbow of Flowers

I'm seeing rainbows every where lately in the papercrafting world.  Rainbows hold a special place in my heart and in our family.  To begin with, I have always love seeing rainbows, and it's so magical to me when I see one.  It wasn't until my sister-in-law's death that it means so much more.  On the days of her wake and funeral, we saw so many rainbows and also, in unusual conditions.  It would be sunny and we would see rainbow in the clouds.  The boys were so young and they were the first ones to notice one as we were driving.  I remember thinking when one of my sons told me about it that he must have seen either a rainbow decoration or something like that, since it was so sunny, and when I looked, it was a real rainbow in the sky.  It was a very sad time in our lives, but I will always associate my sister-in-law with rainbows and the gift of love and happiness that she brought to our lives never matter she was.  I'm sure there are scientific, logical reasons that the rainbows appeared on sunny days, but I still prefer my own feelings and thoughts about them since they helped me and my family through a tough time.  Anyway, I decided to create a card with a rainbow of flowers.  Who wouldn't want that since we are still dealing with winter conditions here in the north.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a rainbow.  I decided to use my Cameo, even though I could have used my dies based on this video from Lawn Fawn.  I drew a circle and offset it to create the different arcs.  Then I cut the nested circles in half.  I also cut the outline of a rainbow to use as a base.  I stamped flowers from Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms in different Brilliance inks.  For the tiny dot, I cut an exclamation mark in the set and used that dot to fill in some spots on the rainbow.  I adhered all the arcs to the base and placed it on the card.  I used my Fiskars Fuse and Stampin' Up Sizzix Buttons #5 die to die cut some buttons to used as clouds.  I used dimensionals to put the buttons onto the card.  I used Brilliance black ink and Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamp to stamp the sentiment.  Then I used Wink of Stella on the flowers on the rainbow and added sequins from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine Mixed Sequins.  I rounded the corners to finish the card.


     
You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story, Linda. Love your rainbow full of flowers, exactly what we need right now! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.