Monday, March 3, 2014

Floral Watercolored Thanks!

Here is my second attempt at watercolor, and I think I do better with strokes than "blotching" them on.  Even though I used Memento ink and dried it with a heat gun, it still smeared when I added the watercolors.  It gave it a light gray look which looked pretty cool.  I need to look into what ink is good with water coloring or maybe I need to wait for it to dry some more.
First, I stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkado Thank You Words stamp set in Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then I stamped the flowers with Memento ink.  I added the watercolors with strokes concentrating more in the center.  I finished the card with hemp around the card and tied in a bow, and some bling on the flowers.  The hemp is from Lawn Fawn and it ties into a bow quick nicely and easily.  Great for the "bow-challenged" me! :-)  Finally, I rounded the corners of a purple cardstock before placing it onto a white card base, and adding the top of the card with foam adhesive.  


This is entered in Make It Monday Challenge.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.