Monday, March 3, 2014

Floral Thanks And A Surprise Ray of Sunshine

I have been gravitating toward flowers and the color yellow lately.  I know I must be longing for the sun and spring.  So when I got my Lawn Fawn order of some of their new release, which really meant I got a package of happy, happy and sunny, sunny!  :-)  I love Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine collection and couldn't wait to dig into them.  All the bright colors just makes me so happy and ready to trudge on with the rest of winter.  Also, look at the bottom of the post to see another reason why I'm so happy and it's not just me! 
First, I stamped and embossed flowers from Stampin' Up Secret Garden stamp set with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  Then I cut it out with the coordinating dies.  I distressed the edges of the flower with Distress ink to make them pop out a little more from the background.  For the leaves, I just die cut it from the same collection of dies.  Then I stamped and embossed on gray pattern paper from the same Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine collection with the sentiment from Fresh Squeezed Stamps, using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.  I really just discovered this company and unfortunately, they are closing.  Their clear stamps are high-quality, as well as fresh and funny.  I was glad to pick up some for my stash before they close at the end of this month.  Anyway, I wanted the sentiment to pop out some more, so I used a gray colored pencil to faintly shade the outline of the sentiment.  I saw Jennifer McGuire do this with Copic Markers and it works!  She is the Queen of paper crafting!  Love her!  Back to the card, I layered a white cardstock with pattern papers from Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad before adding the flowers, leaves and banner to the card with both glue and foam adhesive.  I finished the card with some pearls.  I made this for a thoughtful friend who is super nice and sweet.  Hope she is not reading this yet.  :-)

If you follow me, you know that we were searching for a dog.  We found one this week and in the short span of less than a day, we all fell in love with him.  He is very affectionate to us and vice-versa.  My boys even woke up early to go for a walk with him.  He is our new baby and ray of sunshine!  Yes, my husband and I are reverting back to baby talk whenever one of us is with him.  :-)He loves it when the family is all together and actually is unsettled for a while until all of us is home in one room.  This is one of the first pictures I have of him below.


You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I love the colors and details. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! I like the bright, cheerful colors! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.