Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easter Place Card Treat Bag

Life has gotten crazy again here.  I feel like a new mother again.  Well, technically I am.  We recently rescued a dog and he is such an easy-going and loving dog.  We named him Albus after our favorite character.  It was a name that we all unanimously liked.  Trust me, that took a while to come up with.  Every one told us at the shelter that he was highly energetic but honestly, we see this very briefly when he is out and/or meets someone new.  I mean, who wouldn't be excited to meet someone new who can potentially give you lots of loving for just being you?!  He is such a snuggle bug; he absolutely loves to laid his head if not his whole body on top of us when we are on the floor petting him.  He falls asleep every single time too.  We absolutely adore him and vice-versa.  I have to admit that my schedule changed a bit since we got him, meaning there are more walks and runs and ball playing here.  Also, the vacuum and microfiber mop are my new best friends.  I have a "fear" of my house smelling like dog.  The funny thing is, my friends who have pets feel the same way about their house when I told them this.  Too funny since I thought it was just me.  So glad that I am not alone.  :-)  Anyway, now you know why papercrafting and blogging have been moved down the list. 

I did find the time to make one of my Easter treat bag as a place card holder.  I love place card holders that can hold goodies for my guests.  I cut the treat bag out with my Silhouette Cameo from this cut file.  I took some pattern paper that I got from a card kit and adhere it to the bottom on both sides. 


Then I stamped the bunny from Papertrey Ink Hippity Hoppity set, color it with Distress markers and fussy-cut it out.  I used foam adhesive to place it onto the treat bag.  Then I stamped some clouds from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine stamp set and fussy-cut them out before adhering them to the bag; one with foam adhesive and the other with double-stick tape.  


On the other side of the treat bag, I stamped the chick from Studio G on Neenah solar white and different pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Let’s Polka petite pad and paper-piece them together.  I used foam tape to place the chick on the treat bag.  I also stamped the sentiment on Neenah Solar white with Memento Tuxedo black ink, and cut it out before color it with yellow marker.  
Albus enjoying the sunshine and warmth below.  Basically, a dog after my own heart!


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.