Monday, March 24, 2014

A Floral Mother's Day Pop-Up Card

I've been noticing a lot of cool dies out there that have embossing details on them too.  This is something I love my Fiskars Fuse for, the embossing aspect.  Anyway, seeing all these cool dies out there made me want to pull out my dies and use them.  I don't have a lot since I got my Cameo shortly after I got my Fiskars Fuse but I love this butterfly die from Impression Obsession.  It's soooo beautiful and I don't use it enough.  Same goes for my Spellbinder dies for making a carnation flower.  I thought I combine the two to make a nice little Mother's Day card.  I also love pop-up cards but I was not able to find something that suited me.  So I created a sentiment insert that can be used for different cards besides Mother's Day.  I followed the video from Debbie H. to help create the pop-up insert, as well as using this happy birthday pop up as a guideline.

First, I created the white cardbase and layer it with a purple cardstock after all the corners were rounded.  Then I die cut the two butterflies on a white cardstock with my Fiskars Fuse and Impression Obsession butterfly die. I adhered both the negative and the dies of the butterfly on to the card.  I die cut just the smaller dies of the carnation several times and sponge on Marvy Matchables magenta ink on the edges of the petals to create three blooms which I put together with a brad and gem in the center.  I used glue dots to adhere the blossoms and die cut two leaf branches from Stampin' Up Secret Garden dies to adhere them to the flowers.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday stamp set and cut ribbon tails to make a banner.  I used foam tape to add the banner to the card.  


For the inside of the card, I inserted the pop-up sentiment that I cut with my Silhouette Cameo and added a butterfly that I die cut from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embossilits.  I finished the card with Wink of Stella clear glitter on the flowers and butterfly inside the card.  I should have done this before I added them to the card to avoid getting glitter on the card but it worked out okay since I was careful.


   
You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Any Mom would be thrilled to get this card, Linda, with that pop-up inside, and the outside is really lovely, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.