Monday, February 17, 2014

Very Thankful Card

I often admire cards that use Kraft paper but do not gravitate toward it when I reach for a card stock.  I did pick up some, just in case I was in the mood for it.  I remember showing my son some Kraft paper projects and his comment was, "I like it except for the brown paper".  Funny thing was my husband said the same thing.  Anyway, I thought I challenge myself to use it as the main focus.  I have to crank out some thank you cards and when I saw this stamp from Inkadinkado, it was the perfect set for subway art and background. 

First, I arranged all the stamps on my Fiskars stamp press and then stamped with Versamark ink before embossing.  I would have gotten it tighter if I stamped them individually but this looks like a nice background stamp too. This is a good way to whip up a bunch of them at once.  I stamped some flowers from Stampin’ Up Language of Friendship stamp set, and colored and cut them out.  I placed some of them on with glue dots and foam adhesive before placing it on a green cardstock and then onto a white card base.




You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love your end result. It looks great, I'm like you I have bought kraft and not yet used but I really love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design, Linda, especially the pops of color from the flowers you added! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.