Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Simple Floral Pop-Up Birthday Card

I love this Flower Bursts Pattern stamp from Hero Arts, and I finally got to use it.  Yay!  It’s so sad that I got this stamp almost a year ago and have not used yet.  It might be a sign that I have too much stamp, one might say.  What?!!!  Impossible!  Like my husband says, "You can never have too many clamps" when talking about woodworking.  Well, I can say the same about my stamps.  You definitely can not have too many stamps!  LOL!  :-)  Anyway, I’m trying to be better about using my stamps when I get them.  A lot of time I love the way it looks, but I am not inspired or don't have the time to use it right away, and then time runs away from me and a year is almost out.  YIKES!  Well, the idea of having this stamp used and embossed in white was exactly what I was looking for; inspired by my thankful card.  I do like the way white goes on kraft paper, it’s a great combo to me. 
Floral Birthday Pop-Up Card With Hero Arts Flower Bursts Pattern stamp

First, I stamped with the Flower Bursts Pattern stamp, and embossed in white embossing powder.  Then I color in the flowers with my Prismacolor pencils, since I wanted them to look soft.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments stamp set before cutting ribbon tails and distressing the edges with Distress worn lipstick ink pad.  I placed the sentiment on the card with foam adhesives before adding enamel dots.  Then I placed the whole card onto a white card base. 
 For the inside, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the pop-up part of the birthday card and cupcake, both from Silhouette Online Store.


You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda :-) I love the colours and whole design of this and the pop up cupcake is yummy :-)
    and I totally agree that we can never have too many stamps ;-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pastels are perfect on kraft! Great card design too. Thank you for playing along with us in the GET KRAFTY Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.