Saturday, February 15, 2014

Put Your Party Hats On Birthday Card

I really love the cards with the candles and balloons so I thought I add another birthday icon to my birthday card collection.  Party hats!  Yup, Silhouette Studio and I got together again.  It was a quick  and easy design involving a triangle and offset lines that were welded together.  I'm having a lot of fun coming up with these simple designs.  Anyway, I have been staying away from the crafting stores and frankly, I was getting antsy to shop.  It has been crazy here with multiple events and celebrations.  A lot of running around, cooking and prepping for events.  So to reward myself, I let myself go to the craft store to pick up some paper on one of my shopping trips.  I am really into polka dots and chevron and this pad from Pebbles delivered everything I wanted.  A rainbow pad of chevron and polka dots.  Yay!  I broke into it right away, instead of waiting like I normally do.  
Party Hats with Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments Stamp
The card design is based on Freshly Made Sketches #123.  After I cut out my party hats on Silhouette Cameo, I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments stamp set in Versafine black.  I placed foam adhesive around the party hats and placed different pattern paper under it.  All pattern papers are from Pebbles. I added a Martha Stewart silver fiber to one of the hat to make it look like a pom-pom.  I rounded the corners before layering the card with red cardstock and then placing it on the cardbase.  I finish the card with a twine on the top.  I am all thumbs when it comes to bows.  It took me at least 5 minutes fussing with that bow.  I must include them more to be better at tying bows.  :-)  

You might also like:

3 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome...so fun!! I just love the bright colors!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the party hats! This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love those fun party hats! Such great colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.