Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Framed Audrey Hepburn "I'm possible" Quote

One actress that I love to see on screen is Audrey Hepburn.  I love a number of her movies, and especially "My Fair Lady" and "Roman Holiday".  Two classics that reveal her charm and grace.  I still love old movies, especially black and white ones.  I used to spend a lot of time watching old movies on AMC and TNT and caught some awesome movies with incredible story lines.  Missed those days when I had the time to do those things.  Anyway, I saw this quote of hers on Pinterest and had to pin it.  I thought it was an inspirational and clever quote. I had plans for this quote, the moment I saw it.  I love quotes and I realized that I do not have any that decorates my craft room or house.  Though I made this for a friend (hope she is not reading this ;-) ), I think I have to make one for me.  Audrey Hepburn is just the quintessential icon of grace and beauty, so it was not hard to find an image of her, as well as a gorgeous silhouette of her, online.  This is my first time making framed artwork with both printing and cutting.  Most of my frames are used for pictures, never artwork but I am going to have to change that.  It was quite fun to do and I have to say, I loved the way it came out.  Love, love what my Silhouette Cameo can do.
I had to use different fonts for the quote for some of the words to stand out.  The fonts I used were Lavanderia, "I'm fashionista" and Arial.  I printed the quote in black except the words, "Impossible" and "I'm possible", without registration marks on, since I was not cutting around the quote.  I had the words, "impossible" and "I'm possible" printed in light gray to help me with alignment of the red letter die cuts.  I cut the words "impossible" and "I'm possible" several times in red card stock and glue them together to give them dimension.  I also cut the silhouette of Audrey several times in black card stock and glue them together.  Once all the letters and silhouette were glued to the project, I added rhinestones to make her necklace, bracelet and hair comb. 

This is entered in Silhouette Weekly Challenge.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.