Thursday, February 6, 2014

Flowers and Butterflies Birthday Card

Standing out in 6 degrees weather a couple of weeks ago, and getting a foot of snow made me long for warm days where flowers are blooming and butterflies are fluttering around.  I love this die from Impression Obsession and got it on one of my trips to Maine.  I have yet to use this butterfly die cut on a project so it is about time.  I used to make a lot of purple cards since my sister-in-law loved purple, but have not done one in awhile.   So I am due for one.
First, I layered the card base with purple cardstock after I rounded the corners.  I love this stamp from Hero Arts/Basic Grey called Tiny Flower Background.  I wanted to create butterflies that camouflage to the background.  I always find them fascinating in nature. I inked up the stamps with three different ink pads diagonally and placed the paper on top to stamp it.  I ran the stamped paper and butterfly die through the Fiskars Fuse before placing the stamped background card onto the card base with foam adhesive.  I switched the butterflies and trimmed the butterfly to have matching wings since one wing got cut off.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Happy stamp set with Versamark ink and white embossing powder.  I used foam adhesive to place the sentiment on the card and glue dots for the butterflies.  I placed gems on the butterflies, the sentiment banner and on some of the flowers to finish the card.  Gosh, I love those butterflies!



You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.