Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Birthday Candles Galore

I have been running to my craft room quite a bit lately, due to the amount of stress in my life.  I find that the more things I have to do, the more I find myself in the craft room to decompress.  Those are my breaks along with posting them.  A lot of time when I am busy, I find myself thinking of a design for a card, so I am eager to get into the craft room, but have to wait until I am done with whatever chore I have.  I know; an award system also works with me.  ;)

In my posts of an anniversary card with hearts, and birthday card with balloons, I love the way the different pattern paper look with the die cuts.  So I thought I should do this with birthday candles too.  I design the candles in Silhouette Studio simply by drawing a rectangle and an oval that I modified the points to look like a flame.  It was a lot simpler than I thought.  I duplicate the candle and arranged them unevenly.  Once I cut them on the Silhouette Cameo, I put foam adhesive in between the candles, and place strip of pattern paper underneath.  All the pattern papers are from American Crafts.  I rounded the corners before layering the card with black card stock and then placing it onto the card base.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages and cut ribbon tails, before mounting it on the card with foam adhesive.  I finish the card with Wink of Stella and Crystal Lacquer on the flames.  It’s a simple card but I love the way it came out.    


This is entered in Hero Arts Birthday Challenge.

You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    I just wanted to let you know that we loved this card and we gave it a shout out on the Paper Crafter's Library Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/papercrafterslibrary


    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you so much. I am so honored! I'm a fan of your site and videos, so you totally just made my day! :-)

      <3 Linda

      Delete
  2. In my posts of an anniversary card with hearts, and birthday card with balloons, I love the way the different pattern paper look with the die cuts. So I thought I should do this with birthday candles too.
    Triple and strong scented candles
    luxury scented candles

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.