Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Simple Wintery Thank You Card

I love the Holiday Borders stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I was so happy to just use them as much as I want this past weekend, especially since I used it once this past hectic holiday season.  When I was making this card, I was pleasantly surprised that my stars lined up so nicely.  I am not very good at aligning things up.  :-( I always admire people on videos who would just restamp something if they missed a spot and it would be perfect.  Whenever I try that, I would get a shadow and sometimes that works, especially when I am rushing to be done.  ;-)  Of course, having a stamp press helps a lot too with alignment which I have been making an effort to use more of.  It was perfect for these border stamps.  
I stamped the stars borders twice in Encore Metallic Blue ink and the snowflakes border in Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Memories blue ink.  I rounded the corners on the card, as well as the blue cardstock and cardbase, before layering the card onto the blue cardstock with foam adhesive.  I adhered everything onto the cardbase before adding snowflake sequins and glitter to the sentiment with a glitter pen.  Another quick and simple thank you card to build up my stash.  Yay!


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Linda! I love how you used the Simon exclusives. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These stamps are too much!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.