Sunday, January 19, 2014

Floral Celebrate Card

With the warm weather and the sunshine that we have been getting, I was inspired to bring in some flowers and something "sunshiny" yellow into my craft room.  Around this time of the year, I am looking forward to spring and seeing flowers.  Hopefully my indoor bulbs will bloom soon, so I can get a taste of that.  Anyway, making this card was a little tough since I am picking colors that I normally don't use together but I wanted to test it out.  I'm still trying to explore more color combinations as well as designs.  The design was the easy part since I am using the sketch this week from Freshly Made Sketches.  I like the card that one of their designers made so I thought I make one similar.

I embossed the cardbase with a Sizzix dot embossing folder and my Fiskars Fuse.  Then I used pattern paper from Authentique to place on the cardbase after layering it on yellow cardstock.  I ran Spellbinder carnation dies and yellow cardstock and pattern paper through my Fiskars Fuse to create the flower.  I used a brad to bring all the flower pieces together.  

I used my Silhouette Cameo to create the sentiment.  After drawing a line and offset it, I used my favorite font Lavenderia to write the sentiment.  Then I weld the sentiment and the line together for it to look like this image below.  I shared the studio file on my other site, click here to get it.
I adhered the sentiment and flower onto my card.  To finish the card, I used my Wink of Stella pen on the center of the flowers on the pattern paper to give it some shine.

You might also like: Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty - wonderful color combo! Love the pop of the sentiment! Thanks fo r oining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!! I love that sweet flower! Looks amazing with that pop of pink! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love that pretty paper and flower!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.