Sunday, January 5, 2014

Country Valentine's Day Card

I just pull my Valentine's stamps out, even though some of Christmas ones keep creeping back out.  I was reading when I had two ideas, so I got out my handy dandy craft notebook and drew my designs before I forgot about it.  I love it when that happens.  I kept this simple but I could not resist adding these cute little birds from Lawn Fawn's Making Frosty Friends stamp set.  I'm making good use of my new stamp set, especially since I've been admiring it for so long.  I showed this card to my husband and he asked me why are there stitching on wood?!  A valid question so I told him that it was a design element that makes it more "country", but first, I got irritated.  LOL.  :-)  I'm sure he has seen my faux stitch on other cards, so really?.  :-)  Maybe a tat bit too much of together time here, especially since the boys have two weeks of vacation time.  Love my boys but I need to be back to my own schedule.  Anyway, I like the woodgrain brown pattern paper with the red.  It does make it very rustic for me.
All the pattern paper are from Martha Stewart's Cottage Christmas 6x6 pad.  First, I rounded the corners on the woodgrain paper before stamping the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly! in Brilliance Moonlight White and embossing with white embossing powder.  I drew white dashed lines and placed it on a white A2 card base that has its corners rounded too.  Then I cut a strip of red pattern paper and cut ribbon tail on it before placing it on the woodgrain paper with foam adhesive.  I tied a double bow, and after adhering it to the red pattern paper I glued a wood veneer heart from Studio Calico in the middle of the bow.  Then I stamped out the two birds from Lawn Fawn's Making Frosty Friends stamp set, and the colored and cut them out.  After I placed the birds on the card with glue dots, I finished up by using the Wink of Stella pen on the heart embellishment to give it some shine.

This card is entered in Simon Says...Something New.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda :-) the little birds are super cute and the red and woodgrain are fabulous together. the faux stitching is fab too, that is just the sort of thing my hubby would say :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good to know I'm not alone. :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.