Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Owl Christmas Card

The fascination with owls in our house has died down, but I am still very much enamored with them.  They are just awesome looking birds.  We have been going every year to a bird sanctuary in Vermont and they are absolutely fascinating to observe.  I hope to see an owl in the wild, especially since I hear them at night.  It would be soooo cool!  Anyway, I love coloring this Winter Owl from Lawn Fawn.  He is just adorable!
I stamped the bough from Hero Arts and Winter Owl from Lawn Fawn in Memento black ink on different white cardstock.  My Memento black ink pad is getting a lot of mileage since I am coloring with markers on all the images.  I stamped the sentiment and snowflakes from the same Hero Arts set on the cardstock with the bough.  Then I used Encore Metallic blue ink for the snowflakes and Brilliance black ink on the sentiment.   I fussy-cut the owl and placed him on the bough with foam adhesive.  I layered my decorated card with blue cardstock and placed it onto a white cardbase.  Look at that owl, isn't he the cutest?!  



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog




 

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Love this little scene with the cute owl, Linda!! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.