Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thank You!

It is hard to believe that it was one year ago that I started this blog.  It has been fun and exciting.  I want to thank you all for stopping by.  It has been a pleasure sharing my crafting journey with you.  Looking back from when I started papercrafting again, a year ago, I felt that I've learned so much and still have more to learn.  I've noticed how much the crafting world had changed and how accessible it is now.  Before I had to go about a hour away to take a papercrafting class, which is not convenient for me, since I got little ones to think about.  Now I can just go on YouTube and the Internet, and learn some great techniques.  There are so many talented people out there, and I am constantly amazed and inspired by their work.  I love being able to share techniques I've learned and hope that this blog inspired someone.  I have to admit when I first started this blog, I didn't expect anyone to be viewing it, but I am pleasantly surprised and flattered by the number of people that stop here.  So thank you!  This card is for my readers.
Everything on this card is from Lawn Fawn right down to the yarn I used for the bow.  If you follow me, you know that I discovered Lawn Fawn this past year, and I love the superb quality of their stamps as well as their images and products.  Well, I recently ordered stamps from them directly, around the holidays, and I was surprised with some freebies, like some 6x6 pattern paper(I used one of them on this card) and a stamp that I was not expecting.  Also, all my stamps was tied together with some nice yarn and a handwritten thank you.  I was delighted by this personal touch!  I feel that we live in a world where handwritten notes are becoming less common, never mind the business world, so when a business sends me a nice handwritten thank you, I have to acknowledge them and say,"Cheers to you!"

I used Lawn Fawn's Quinn lowercase alphabet dies to cut out the thanks sentiment.  I did this 4 times with white cardstock and once with the pattern paper.  I made sure the dies were lined up nicely on the pattern paper, and held them in place with some post-it before I ran them through my Fiskars Fuse.  I glue all my letters together to make it thick and pop out of my card.  I adhere the pattern paper to an A2(4.25"x5.5") white cardbase.  I did like that the letters blend into the pattern paper for a cool effect, but I wanted them to pop out a little more, so I ran the edge with a teal marker.  I stamped the birds from Lawn Fawn's Making Frosty Friends stamp set in black Memento ink and colored them in with Distress markers.  I place one of the birds on top the letter 't' with glue and the other two birds on the bottom with foam adhesive.  Then I tied the yarn around the card and made a bow in the middle.  I seriously make better bows with yarn and twine.  I used my Wink of Stella pen on the scarves and the sentiment to add some shine.  Then, to finish up, I rounded the corners and drew white dashed lines around the card. These birds are so adorable!  I love them!     
I organize my dies by placing them on white cardstock with strips of magnet that I got from my local craft store.  I place all of them in a protector sheet that I put in a binder.  It keeps everything together and in place.  Any extra die-cuts I don't use are placed in the back of each die set, which is nice to have when I need them quickly.  I did the same thing with my embossing folders; placing them in page protectors in a binder with some cardstock embossed with the folder. 
This card is entered in Simon Says...Bling It On Challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.