Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Meet Me Under The Mistletoe!

I have noticed a lot of Valentine cards posted out in the blogging world and I am not ready for that.  I'm still in the midst of Christmas and New Years celebration, but it did make me want to pull out this stamp from A Muse Studio.  I love this image where the boy is holding a frog and the girl a present.  This is classic, and such a stereotypical view of men getting the wrong things for women, but fortunately for me, I met someone who listens to me and knows what to get me.  In other words, yes, I had a good Christmas.  ;-)  Anyway, this is an old stamp that I got a while ago, but I still enjoy it very much.  It brings up images of the boy next door and high school sweethearts back in the 50s and 60s.  So this is my segue into making Valentine cards and weaning off Christmas card making.  
First, I ran the Darice Snowflake Swirl embossing folder with white cardstock through my Fiskars Fuse to create the card base.  I stamped the image from AMuse Studio in black Memento ink and color them in with my markers and glitter pen.  Then I used my stamp positioner to stamp the sentiment in three different color.  I masked off part of the sentiment that I did not want ink on, and ink up the one line I want before I stamped it.  Then I clean the stamp off, before I ink the stamp in another color.  I repeat this to get the third line in red.  I cut ribbon tails on a strip of red cardstock before I mount the image on foam adhesive and the sentiment underneath it.  I adhere the strip of paper onto the cardbase with foam adhesive and added gemstone to the snowflakes to finish it off.  A. Dor. A. Ble!  
  
This card is entered in Simon Says...Bling It On Challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.