Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Hope everyone is having a happy holidays and is in a good place.  It has been baking, cooking and crafting central here for a while.  But it was all good, for the most part.  I did, at some point, become Scrooge and so ready for Christmas to be over.  I kept on thinking I will have time to relax, but there is always some little thing to do.  I guess all those little things add up, since I was kept busy up to the last day, despite my effort to cut back.  My Cameo went overtime with cutting up boxes for gifts and making decorations for the house. I'm so glad I got it before the holidays.  I really had a fun time assembling everything and I couldn't wait to give them as gifts.  I love Christmas day simply for enjoying people's reactions to their gifts.  I really enjoy that aspect.  I think more than opening up presents.  Wait a minute, have I grown up?!  :-)  Just kidding!  Here are some decorations and my gift boxes I made for this year.  Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

The boys went to town dipping pretzel sticks into melted chocolate and sprinkling them with as much sprinkles as possible.  This is one of their favorite holiday activities and it is so simple.  Love it!  I just package them up in ziplock bags.  Then I found a frame shape that came with the Cameo and ungroup everything and use only the inner frame.  After that, I enlarged the frame to cover the width of the ziplock bag top.  I drew a dashed line and centered it on the frame in Silhouette Studio, so that it was easier to fold in half without having to score.  I cut out the frame on pattern paper on the Cameo and after I folded the frame in half over the top of the ziplock bag, I stapled it close.  This was a last minute packaging idea, so I didn't have time to add more details but the pattern paper spruced these bags up nicely.
Gable Boxes Made with Martha Stewart Paper Pad
I used Lori Whitlock 3D birthday gable box  cut file to cut these gable boxes for my baked goods.  I used just the plain side and enlarged it, so that it just fits a 12x12 page.  I like to get the boxes as big as I can so that I can pack as much goodies as possible. ;-)
I used pattern paper from Martha Stewart's Cottage Christmas and Wonderland 12x12 paper pads for these gable boxes.  I also used the tags from the same Martha Stewart collection.  Though I couldn't resist adding this Rudolph tag that I made, to one of them.  I punched out a circle on brown cardstock and used googly eyes and red rhinestone for his nose.  I drew in his mouth and glue his antlers that I cut out from the leaves border cut file.  The antlers are really the veins of the leaves.  
I cut up some pillow boxes for some small gifts and tied ribbons on them for an added detail.  I got this pillow box cut file from bird's card and they are so easy to assemble.   

To decorate my windows, I cut this ornament shape on a 12x12 cardstock with the cameo and hung it up with fishing line.  I love the way this looks on my windows.


I also cut this Christmas phrases tree on red and green cardstock to create a multicolored tree.  I cut out the different words and glue them onto the green Christmas phrases tree.  For the star, I cut the star out of the tree in Silhouette studio so that only the star will be cut out of the yellow cardstock.  
I also hung this up in one of our window with fishing line.  This is the perfect reminder of what Christmas is all about.




You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.