Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Blessings Again!

Here is the last post of this same layout, I promise.  Here are the post with the original Christmas Blessing card and the one created with Silhouette Cameo.  Anyway, I had to create this layout again but with different background.  Everything I create, I always show it to my number one fan/critic, AKA, my husband.  Since I have my own personal "Go To" G, he had the same idea of using a night background for this nativity scene.  I love this nativity scene from Hero Arts.
First I measured the nativity stamp and use thse dimenstions to cut an oval for my window on my Silhouette Cameo.  Besides the oval window, I also cut a banner that came with the machine, minus the inside cut, since I did not just want the outline.  Then I rounded the corners on my oval window, a 4.25"x5.5" cardstock and cardbase.  I used Distress Ink and Marvy Matchables to create a blue background for my night scene.  After that, I ran my oval window cardstock through my Fiskars Fuse with the Stampin'Up Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder.  I used my oval window to draw an oval on my blue background and stamped the nativity scene inside the oval.  While the ink is drying, I stamp the sentiment from the same Hero Arts set called Greatest Gift.  Then I erased the pencil line once the image was dried.  
I mounted the embossed window over the nativity scene and the banner on top with foam adhesives.  I placed my decorated card onto a white card base.  I finished the card with a glitter pen on the star.  Of all the version I made of this card, I like this one above the most.    
Here is yet another variation without the dark borders using the same technique.  I didn't use the Marvy Matchables here for the background.  I used Distress Ink Peacock Feathers instead with the other Distress Ink.  This gave the card a teal-ish background color.  I cut the background a little smaller than the oval window to make the center stand out.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.