Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hot Air Balloons Masculine Birthday Card

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!  I did not get to my craft room but I have a card that I finally photographed for this post.  I just absolutely adore these hot air balloons from Lawn Fawn.  I like to just stamp some of them up, color and cut them out with no real project in mind.  So it is nice to have some handy when I decide I want to make a card with hot air balloons.  When I was thinking of making a masculine birthday card, I immediately reach for these.  Of course, I had to add a hello sentiment since it is for my husband.  This all started when he told me that he never got a hello card so now it has become an inside joke.  He had a big smile when he saw the inside, of course.
Lawn Fawn's Hot Air Balloons Masculine Birthday Card
My cardbase was made with a Cricut machine and Artiste cartridge that my friends let me borrow since I was not home when I was making this.  I used a blending tool with Distress Tumbled Glass and Broken China ink on white cardstock to create the sky.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts in black ink.  The clouds and hot-air balloons were stamped in Memento ink and cut out.  The hot-air balloons were colored with markers.  I adhered the clouds to the sky and cut off any parts of the clouds hanging out.  Then I adhered the card to the cardbase and finished off by attaching the hot-air balloon with foam adhesives.


 
This card is entered in the Simon Says...Anything Goes Challenge.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog






1 comment:

  1. Fun card, Linda - love the inside!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.