Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cookie Gift Box With Bow

I love to give cookies as gifts for the holidays.  I start baking as soon as Thanksgiving is over and there were some years that I started even earlier (I have a large family).  I would bake a different cookie or dessert every other day.  I end up with a great variety that I can give as gifts and I am so ready for surprise guests.  Previous years, I have used tins but storing them was getting to be too much so I started using the paper boxes that folds up nicely.  Plus, some of my family were giving me back the tin so I end up with more tins.  Last year, I did make some small boxes as dinner party favors and it took some doing since everything was hand cut.  This year, I will be using my Silhouette to whip out some boxes since I can't seem to keep up with all the things that needs to be done.  (I know, probably too much time in the craft room and computer) :-) Here is the first of my gift boxes that I enlarged a little in the height to put cookies in.  I can't wait to stack them in there!

I cut the 3D birthday box #26760 by Lori Whitlock on my Silhouette.  I ungroup and changed the height of the box base and top so I can add more cookies.  ;-)  It ended up being a little more than 4.5" tall.  I used Martha Stewarts 12x12 Cottage Christmas pad for the pattern paper.  I just love this design on the paper!

I also used bow#35630 that I cut from the Silhouette to decorate this gift since I wanted to test out using the bows.  Now, I can make whatever color bow I want for that extra special gift.  I'm loving my Silhouette!

This project has been entered in the Silhouette Weekly Challenge.



1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.