Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas House Gift Card Holder

Since I am on a roll of making gift card holder and coloring, I used the sketch for Simon Says Stamps Challenge to make this card.  I'm loving this sketch.  I might have to do a few more with this layout.  I had a fun time coloring this house from Hero Arts.  I love holiday houses.  One of our favorite things to do is to count houses with Christmas lights, when we are out and about at night.  It's so much fun to see all the lights, and how people decorate their houses.  I'm starting to see some houses with them on already.  So exciting!
I created the gift card holder cardbase by scoring and folding a 4.25"x11" white cardstock at 1.5" and 6.25". I layered the cardbase with with strips of pattern paper from DCWV Winter Basic Stack and stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hellos stamp set in Encore Metallic Blue ink.  I stamped the house from Hero Arts in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it in with my markers.  I fussy cut the house and placed it on the card with foam adhesive.  For the inside flap, I layered it with pattern paper from the the same collection and punch a half circle in the middle before adhering the sides of the flap down.

I finished the card by curling up the ribbon tails and adding Wink of Stella on the snowflakes and house.  This was a simple card to make but it came out lovely.    





Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Love how the cheerful, yellow house POPS against the cool, frosty-blue & white background! :) Thanks for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.