Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Blessings

Of course, I have to have a nativity scene in my Christmas cards collection.  I love so many different Christmas icons but this is one of my favorite.  It's so peaceful and simple.  Just looking at it, makes me feel at peace.  When I saw this stamp set called "Great Gift", I couldn't wait to use it and of course, it is from Hero Arts.  If you follow me then you know that they are one of my favorite stamp companies of all time.  My love for them is still going strong after I discover them 20 years ago.  Wow!  Hard to imagine that I've been playing around with stamps for so long.  On the subject of time, I created this blog almost a year ago.  That was fast!  I guess time flies when you are having fun.

First, I measured the nativity image, in order to cut a perfectly sized oval with my Silhouette Cameo on Neenah Solar White cardstock, to create a window for this image.  I rounded the corners on the oval window card before placing it in Stampin' Up Petal A Plenty embossing folder and running it through my Fiskars Fuse.  I traced the oval onto the cardbase before stamping the image in Brilliance Graphite Black ink and rounding the corners.  Then I erased the oval I drew, before I mounted the embossed card over the nativity scene with foam adhesive.  I cut a banner from my Silhouette and stamped the sentiment from the same Hero Arts Stamp set in Colorbox Scarlet ink.  To finish the card, I used foam adhesive to mount the banner and a glitter pen to add shine to the star.  I absolutely love the way this card came out.  
By the way, if you are wondering how I got the background in my photo above, I googled "lights background" in images and select one of the images.  I got the idea again from a Pinterest pin a friend sent me.  I like seeing my card pop from the background.  You can see the difference between the one below and the one above.  I'm thinking that I like the lighted background more.  Any thoughts?  


This card has been entered in the Hero Arts Holiday Challenge in A Few of My Favorite Things.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.