Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Welcome Autumn Card

When I was growing up, I love being able to just go outside, and play with whomever was out.  I remember being out all day during the summer, jumping rope, rollerskating, riding bikes or playing “house”.  Occasionally, I would be at my friend’s house in her pool, but most days, you will find me outside.  Now when I go home to visit, I rarely see kids outside playing.  It’s such a different world we live in now. I was talking to a friend the other day about her neighbors and how she welcome them to the neighborhood.  That's so nice. It reminds me of the old world where people welcome each other.  So to the new neighbors, welcome!
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the leaves and the sentiment.  Then I resize both the maple and oak leaves so that they were the same scale.  I was testing out the cutting and I can see that where the mat was used a lot, it did not cut as well.  After I cut the leaves out, I used Distress Inks(barn door, wild honey and peeled paint) to color the leaves.  I cut out a 3 inch ring and glue the leaves to it to make a wreath.  I then cut the sentiment out twice on brown cardstock and glue them together to give them a little dimension.  Before I layered the card base with light brown cardstock and pattern paper, I distress the edges with Distress Ink Walnut Stain.  I placed the wreath on the card with foam adhesive and then glue the welcome sentiment.  For the final touch, I added a red bow and white dashed lines around the card.  
   
You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. beautiful leaves and the white stitching line really help the focal point to pop! great card! thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.