Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Treat Box With Tag and Everything Halloween

I told you that my Cameo is working overtime and I was not kidding.  I had to create a little treat box for my kiddies since I have nothing better to do, right?!  Actually, they get excited about Halloween and I feed into that by giving them a little treat every Halloween and making them their costumes never mind all the activities surrounding Halloween.  Besides treat boxes, we also cut out these fall icons to decorate the window and it took minutes.  I love that trace function!  You will see them hung up.  Anyway, my son is always asking me to be with him upstairs if he is upstairs by himself because he tells me that there is a ghost.  Well, now, literally there is a ghost.  He asked me to cut one out for him to hang up.  Go figure!  :-)  We are going on overdrive for the fall season from costume making to decorating the house with fall icons to carving pumpkins to making apple pies.  I love fall, despite how busy it is.  Something about the crisp air with the beautiful leaves makes it the most wonderful time of the year for me.  I was just thinking that fall is equivalent to Christmas, activity-wise.  I'm making as much things as I would for Christmas.  I have to get to the baking this week too.  Whoo-weee!
I know this is a typical Halloween scene but I still love it.  Everything was cut on the Silhouette Cameo.  It feels strange not cutting things out by hand or punch.  I feel like I am cheating, but don't worry, I got over it real quick!  ;-)  I had to stamp the sentiment from Hero Arts in Brilliance Moonlight White ink, just so I used a stamp. The tag and ghost were both free shapes of the week, that I use different parts of, to make this tag.  The house had yellow cardstock behind it to make the windows glow.  I also got this treat box from the online Silhouette store.  It has a birthday sentiment on one of the panels but I just cut the plain side twice on a 12x12 orange card stock.  Then I layered it with pattern paper from Basic Grey's Fiction 12x12 pad.  I can't wait to present them to my boys.  I love it!  I know they love boxes too, so I can't wait!  Yes, I had to say it twice.  That's how excited I am.  I know, is it for them or me?!  :-) 

I got a bright idea!  Light switch and light bulb costume.
It was a tricky costume to figure out how to make when my son told me that he wanted to be a light switch.  I wanted a light bulb to go with it and I was able to convince him to wear both for the photo shoot.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 


4 comments:

  1. I love your gift box, Linda! The tag is so fabulous and your son's costume is SOOOO creative. I may have to steal that idea. ;) Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous gift box Linda, your tag is stunning with stunning colours and elements!!
    Your son's idea is brilliant - he definitely 'thought out the box' with that one!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those bold colours are so striking Linda! Those little ghosties as soooo cute on your tag! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling box and matching tag! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.