Thursday, October 24, 2013

NoteCards With Gift Box Directions

Finally, the moment you have been waiting for;  the post to my directions to notecards with matching box.  I'm sorry that it took me so long to post.  I have been coming up with different ways to make it a better box to make and be able to use 8 1/2" X 11" cardstock too.  I made so many of these gift sets that I am running out of envelopes finally.  My husband and I bought envelopes together when we were just friends. Yes, we bought quite a bit and have used them well over the years.  He used to make his own cards too, and they were all with his own photographs.  I know, what are the odds that two cardmakers get together.  I remember introducing him to his first bone folder and paper trimmer.  I know, how romantic, right?! Sweet memories! :-) He still makes some cards but I am the primary card provider now.  Sounds health-care related, doesn't it?!  Well, for me, it is a matter of the heart when you make and send a card to someone.  :-)  Here is my sunny and bright card set.  I'm not sure if I am willing to part with it...not just yet.  :-)  
Notecard made with Lawn Fawn pattern paper & stamp



For the background, I used pattern paper from Lawn Fawn's Bright side: smell the roses.  I just wanted something bright and happy, probably because of the fact that we are in the middle of autumn and most of the leaves are gone and it was dreary when I made it.  Anyway, I am a kid in a candy store when I am looking at pattern paper.  I have a tendency to save the ones that I love and/or buy extra.  I know, this is the beginning of a hoarder.  Yikes!  :-)  This paper is definitely one of the ones that I love.  Back to the card, I punched out a 2" circle from white cardstock and ink the edges with Distress Spun Sugar ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment from TPC Studio Greetings stamp set at the bottom of the circle in black Brilliance ink.  From Lawn Fawn's "And A Partridge" stamp set, I stamped and cut out the bird and used it as placement to help stamp the music note in Encore Honeydew ink.  I placed the bird onto the circle with foam adhesive, and adhered the circle to a 2 1/4" pink circle die, and then finally, onto the card.    

Score 8" X 11" cardstock to form base of box
1.Take a 8"x11" cardstock and score it on the short side at 3/4", 1 3/4", 6 1/4" and 7 1/4".  Then turn the cardstock to the long side and score at 4" and 5".  Fold the paper on the score lines.
Box base after cutting away what's not needed
2.Turn paper to the short side and cut on 1 3/4" score line up to the 5" score line.  Then cut away the strip by cutting on the long side on the 5" score line up to the previous cut.  Repeat these steps for the 7 1/4" score line on the short side of the paper to mirror the first cuts.

Mitered flaps and punch half oval onto box base

Placed double sided tape to the flaps

Back of box base with flaps adhered

Profile view of box with pattern paper adhered 

3.Form the base of the box by folding on the score lines. Embellish the base as desired.  In my case, I used an oval punch to create a notch and added layered pattern paper onto the box base.  I mitered the bottom corner tabs to make it cleaner looking before gluing it down on the back.
Flap of box all decorated with pattern paper and scalloped edge
Tape ribbon to the flap of box
4.For the flap of the box, take a 4 1/2"x11" cardstock and score at 6" and 7".  I added pattern paper to the flap to embellish it.  Attach ribbon if using before adhering the flap onto the box base and embellish.
Side view of gift box





This card is entered in the Lawnscaping Pattern Pinterest Inspired Challenge and below is my Pinterest Inspiration.

image credit


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Idea! LOVE your set! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card set and box is so cute! Thanks for sharing instruction on how to make the box! And great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool project! I love that LF patterned paper, too. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.