Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Negative Hello Card

I love musicals.  I actually took a class called, "History of American Musicals" in college and loved it.  Who wouldn't love a class where all you do is watch musicals?!  I know, besides people who hates musicals.  I was thrilled to take this class even though it was an evening class.  It was an easy A before I even entered the room.  I just love that there is a story in every song.  I actually listen to musicals for fun.  My husband and I would joke about people breaking out into song and dance randomly.  We, especially, went to town when we found out that my nieces attended the same school that the show, "Fame", was based on.  We would say to them something like, "Do the kids break out into song and dance during lunch or in the hallways?" and then we do own mock song and dance version.  We're so silly!  :-)  I remember doing that when the boys were little and they would be accepting and actually smiling.  Now, they're embarrassed for me, if I even dare to sing or dance.  Anyway, one of my favorite song to sing to them was from the musical, Oklahoma, and I would sing it to one of them while looking out the window.  The song is "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning!" and I still love that song.  It's such a positive way to start the morning and day.  It makes me smile just thinking about the lyrics.  So here's to beautiful mornings, wonderful feelings and everything going my way.  ;-)  Today was the day that I did get to do everything I need do, including crafting, and it was beautiful outside.  Anyway, I hate to throw out the negatives of my die cuts so I cut strategically now.  I cut out the hello sentiment to use on the previous card and save the negative to use for this card.  I had to show my husband another hello card.  :-)  Just to show him that they do exist in abundance outside of me.


I used chevron pattern paper from Basic Grey Fiction 6x6 pad as the background for the sentiment.  I love the pink and brown together!  I used my Fiskars corner rounder to round all the corners on the card base and the white card stock.  Then I used foam adhesive to pop everything up onto the card base and pattern paper.  I finished the card with sequins and white dashed lines.  This was a super simple card but I like the way it looks.
   This card is entered in Cas-ual Fridays Sequins and Chevrons Challenge.

 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I love the negative die cut look! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm loving the negatives too.

      Delete
  2. Love your chevrons in the negative "hello" die! Makes them a lot more subtle that way. Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love pattern paper and having chevron showing in the negative seal the deal of cuteness. :-)

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.