Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Knitted Matching Cowl

It's getting to that time of the year where I had to get the winter things out like hats, gloves and scarves.  Not that it has been cold enough for them but it's better to be prepared, in my case of crazy mornings.  I also check to see if they need any new hats that I should be knitting.  I knew that I should knit another hat for my older son.  He picked the yarn that he wanted, and I went to town and started knitting his hat as I watch a movie.  That night I kept on having these "dreams" where I feel like I was consciously thinking but it seem to be in a dream state.  I kept on thinking, "He has a hat like this, why am I knitting him another?"  So the next morning, I asked him,"Don't you have a hat like this with the same yarn?"  His response was,"Oh yeah, I forgot.  Sorry, Mom".  Hmm...I was more than half way done with this hat.  Luckily my other son wanted a cowl to match his hat so I continue on with this "hat" and ended it without decreasing.  He was quite happy to have it, though I did not leave the leftover yarn like his hat.  He loves that piece of yarn hanging on his face.  Go figure.  :-)  This is definitely a "make lemonade" moment since I put all that work into the "hat" already.  I told my husband this story, and he said,"I didn't want to say anything but I thought he had a hat like that already".  Ever so helpful!  :-)  These men in my life love giving me work!  I love them to pieces despite that!  :-)
All Ready for Winter!
I got this pattern from one of the Stitch N' Bitch knitting books.  It's great little book if you want to learn how to knit.  It also contains patterns that are more modern too.  It's pretty simple pattern of knit 2 and purl 2.  The yarn I think I picked up at Joanns.  It feels nice and soft.  Perfect for a hat and cowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.