Sunday, October 13, 2013

Christmas Tree Scene Holiday Card

I have been wanting to make a card with hills and trees for the longest time.  I just have not gotten around to it like so many other ideas I have.  This scene to me is classic Christmas where you go through the woods and then the perfect Christmas stands before you.  We were fortunate to find another Christmas tree farm last year.  The boys look forward to us hunting for a tree; they get so excited.  I was just thinking that I need to enjoy this even more because they are growing up fast and I've heard that they may not be as interested in these types of things at a certain age.  My 7 year old told me a few weeks ago that as soon as the Christmas music comes on the radio, he wants to put up his Christmas tree in his room.  In this area, they play Christmas music as soon as Halloween is over, so not too long from now he will be decking out his room in celebration of Christmas.  It's adorable to me since I know that they still believe in the magic of Christmas and get excited about it.  I have to admit that I enjoy Christmas more as a parent.  Anyway, this card was unanimously liked in our house, especially since the boys love snow.

I used Lawn Fawn's Let It Snow stamp set to make the hills and Christmas tree.  I cut everything out and layered it onto the card base which has Recollection snow pattern paper on it.  I used foam adhesive to place everything onto the card stock.  I stamped the sentiment from All Night Media in Versamark ink and embossed with Judikin white diamond embossing powder.  Then I finished the card with white dashed lines and glitter on the snow, and Christmas tree and star.  



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


7 comments:

  1. Love the christmas landscape and the dimension you created with the snowy hills and trees! Makes me feel all warm and cozy and ready for the 'tis season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm ready to have my fireplace on too.

      Delete
  2. Great Christmas card! I love the trees and the beautiful sky! :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this scene is adorable! I really like the snow hills and the tree with the star on top! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love the little snow scene you created! Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty elegant card :) thank you for playing a long with lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    Hope to see you again next challenge ;)
    xoxo Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.