Monday, September 16, 2013

Thanks With Feathers

I have been wanting to make a card with feathers for a while and then all of sudden I see them everywhere in the cardmaking world.  Of course, I had to use my new baby to cut some.  I'm torn between exploring my Silhouette Cameo and creating projects.  I'm fascinated by both.  I would be in the middle of a project and then I would get distracted by my Cameo and start to create new cut files.  Too many fun
things to do and not enough time especially since I'm also in the middle of organizing my house.  Never a dull moment here!

I created the background by placing washi tape on the white cardstock.  To create the darker stripes, I layered a dark gray washi tape first with the pattern washi tape.  I used Distress inks to color and distress the feathers.  I wrapped a white twine around the feathers and tied a bow on before adhering them to the card with foam adhesive.  I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies stamp set in black ink and then added enamel dots to finish the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.