Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sky's The Limit Hot Air Balloon

I just found Lawn Fawn stamps this year and I instantly became a big fan of their products.  Not only are the designs cute, but the quality of the stamps are superb.  I'm always on the lookout for clear stamps that works as well as my red rubber wooden stamps.  Also, I love hearing Kelly Marie's enthusiasm as she stamps, check out her videos.  Her happiness projects in her voice and into me.  Love it!  And no, I don't work for Lawn Fawn, though it looks like a fun company to work for, if I was so lucky.   This is one of my favorite stamp sets from Lawn
Fawn, Blue Skies.  Love those hot air balloons!

I embossed the background by running a white cardstock with Darice clouds embossing folder through my Fiskars Fuse.  I used Distress Ink to add some color to the background and to make the clouds pop out.  I then stamped the hot air balloons from Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies stamp set in black Memories ink.  I used a water brush to color the hot air balloons in with Distress ink.  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto a die-cut Polaroid frame.  I mounted the hot balloons and frame with foam adhesive.  I finished the card by adding wooden veneer stars colored with the same Distress ink and glitter with a glitter pen.


I am entering this card into Lawnscaping Monochromatic Challenge #66.

I was honored with the badge below for this card. My family and I were so thrilled when we saw it. Thanks! 

 photo HonorableGnome_2013_zps29b8dd8c.jpg
 

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty monochromatic card! I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad that I found Lawnscaping! Such great ideas with Lawn Fawn products.

      Delete
  2. I agree - this card is beautiful and relaxing! Love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a fun time making it.

      Delete
  3. Those stars are just the cutest touch! What a fun and awesome card!
    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love those veneer stars from Studio Calico. I can't seem to get enough of those veneer shapes.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.