Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Birthday To My New Baby

We took the boys to an amusement park this summer, and they are finally tall enough to go on the roller coasters.  I'm not fond of that sensation in your stomach, as you drop at a fast speed.  I was a little nervous about going on these roller coasters with loops and corkscrews but amazingly, there was nothing to it.  A  little rough on your neck with the rattling and jerking around but overall, it was no biggie.  I thought I was feeling my age when I had no desire to go on these rides, but it was a good to know that I can still ride with the best of them.  Speaking of being with the best of them, I finally got my birthday present, an electronic die-cutting machine, and now I am crafting with the best of them.  I researched this in the beginning for a while, and held off since I got so busy with summer.  I finally decided to order it to help with my holiday crafting needs.  I find that I am doing a lot of research to get the most of this machine and so far, it is delivering some amazing things.  You're probably dying to know
what did I get....well, drum roll, please...it's a Silhouette Cameo.  I know, I know.  I'm over the moon with it from the few things I did.  I'm looking forward to exploring all its possibilities and will have links for beginner Silhouette Cameo owners like me.  There are tons of information out there but I found that the Silhouette Youtube channel and blog are the best place to start.  Yes, I'm excited!  I'm sorry to say that this is my type of excitement, not roller coasters with loops and twists.  Of course, my first task was to find a place on my already crowded desk for my new baby.  Of course, the first picture of it, at work, is in a war zone of a desk.  Oh well.  I had to test it out first before placing it in its home.  One of my first cuts have been embellishments, but then I got "fancy" and made my own Polaroid frames with sentiments.  Love, love, love it!  I'm a techie geek, so it is fun exploring the things you can do on Silhouette Studio.  I have to admit that I am having as much fun finding all the things I can design as creating the actual project.  Anyway, I gave this card to my friend's daughter and she had the sweetest reaction.  It made my day just seeing her sweet, happy face.  Best compliment I can ever get!  Love it!

Here is the link to the youtube video to help with welding letters to Polaroid frames and any frames.  I cut a bunch of them with the happy sentiment since I can stamp or write in any sentiment to match the occasion.  I stamped the birthday sentiment from Hero Arts in Colorbox Scarlet ink.  Then I stamped out the cupcake from Inkadinkadoo and candle from Hero Arts and colored it in with watercolor pencils.  I adhered the pattern paper from Authentique on to the card base.  I cut a slit to insert the candle into the cupcake and place it onto pattern paper from My Minds Eye Miss Caroline 6x6 pad with foam adhesive.  I place the Polaroid frame on top of the cupcake with a thicker foam tape.  I finished up with some glitter on the candle and cupcake using a glitter pen, and Crystal Lacquer on the candle and arrow.



You might also like:

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the polaroid frame. Great work. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really into them lately.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.