Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hello Music

I'm going retro these day and not intentionally.  First, I started watching the show, Mad Men and then a couple of weeks ago, we went to a concert that played some big band songs that Frank Sinatra would have sang.  It was the first time we took the boys for a night concert and they loved it.  I bought a picnic dinner; it was a wonderful night.  I always felt that era is full of romance and I think it is mostly from watching old movies and hearing the music.  Anyway, after watching Mad Men, that show disperse the idea of romance, for sure.  It was like any old day at present time with the same struggles, except it was worst for women, especially in the work environment.  I am mostly fascinated by the different products that were available and how smoking and drinking were so common back then.  The daily practices are more interesting to me than the story line.  I wonder if that is the draw for other people.  My husband thinks the show is too slow-pace for him.  I told him there is no end to it, it's mostly about how these people lived back then, like a soap opera type of show too.

I placed washi tape on a diagonal at the top left corner of cream cardstock.  Then I ran black cardstock with the music note dies from Die-namics through my Fiskars Fuse.  I glue the notes onto the card and stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp!.  I finished the card by rounding the top corners.  Easy-peasy and loving the outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.