Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Watercolored Happy Birthday Card

Last night I watched a video from Jennifer McGuire using this technique of scribbling some Tombow marker onto watercolor paper and wiping the ink with a baby wipe.  I was curious to know if it works with my LePlume markers, so I tested it out, and it worked!  I'm always learning something new from her.  She's my crafty idol!  Anyway, I also use this other technique of hers where she layered the die cuts to make it pop out  like chipboard.  This card took some time to make but very satisfying and fun to make.
I used LePlume markers #106 amethyst, #10 lt.  blue? and  #48 leaf green, on watercolor paper and wipe with baby wipe after applying each color.  That spreads the color around and creates a quick watercolor look in no time at all.  Love it!  I originaly stamped the "birthday" sentiment using Lawn Fawn Quinn's ABC but the letters were not all close together, so I cut it out.  I cut the paper in strips and adhere them to white card stock.  I cut 3 die-cuts of the letters spelling "happy" and glue them together.  I glue all the letters to the watercolor strips.  I added some heart die cuts from Simon Says Stamps and put crystal lacquer on them to give them shine and dimension.  Then I added the paper clip with washi tape flag to give it flare.  While I was setting up to take a picture of this card, I dripped some water from my wet hair onto this card and that is why you see a bright spot by the 'B'.  Thank goodness it still works since it is a water color background.  I'm happy with the way it came it out and I learned something new.  Yay!


This card is submitted to Simon Says Pin It! Challenge.
  
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love how you created the background! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.