Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Note Cards With Matching Gift Box

Lately, I've been running around so much with my boys that I am too tired to get into my craft room at night. Plus, they've been staying up late.  I literally was ready for bed at 7:30pm the other night.  Sad to be getting old.  :-)  Anyway, my mother-in-law's birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her something.  My mother-in-law is a sweet and loving woman who raised a fine, sweet man, AKA my husband.  :-)  She loves to mail out cards, so I thought monogram notecards would be perfect for her.  I've been wanting to make her monogram notecards for the longest time, so I finally just did it.  I found a tutorial on making a box for 3x6 notecards and used it as a template.  I modified the measurements to make it bigger so I can fit 4.25x 5.5 cards and envelopes, and more of them.  I'm thinking this may make nice Christmas gifts too.  Yes, I'm one of those people who thinks of Christmas around this time of the year.

The notecards were made by running white cardstock with the Sizzix flower embossing folder through the Fiskar Fuse.  I used Spellbinder dies to cut circles and scallop circles.  I stamped the letter onto the white circle and placed it on top of the scalloped circle.  I used the letter from Inkadinkado Months and Dates stamp set since I don't have any fancy font stamps.  I finished it off with dashed lines around the circle using a white gel pen and adhered it to the card base with foam adhesive.  The matching box with the notecards are just the items I am drawn to at a stationary store.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.