Friday, June 7, 2013

Yellow Floral Thinking Of You Card

I wanted to use this Authentique paper pad and have some yellow in my cards.  I was originating making a birthday card when I remember my friend's mother and how I wanted to send her a get well card.  Something that I remind myself, when I'm full of worries, is that I should be thankful for good health.  And that my family is in good health too.  What more can I ask for?!  I appreciate this more as I get older and know more people in poor health or had passed away.  Getting older is definitely not for the faint of hearts.  Anyway, I wanted to send her a little something with flowers, even though she is not a close friend.  I know an unexpected gifts are the best for me; it always seem to brighten my day as I hope it did for my friend's mother.  Anyway, I wanted something a little bright with flowers, of course.  This paper from Authentique Essentials 6x6 was just what I needed.
I punched the pattern paper with the scalloped border Fiskars punch.  I adhere that to the white cardbase and then attached the floral pattern paper onto the cardbase.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment in Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder on blue cardstock.  I cut banner tails and placed onto the card with foam adhesive.  I finished the card with a yellow flower embellishment.


This card is entered in the Cas-ual Fridays Banners & Flags Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Great card.. I love the pattern paper you used! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful use of patterned paper. lovely card! thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.