Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Multi-colored Flowers Thinking of You Card

I was thinking about making a card for Maddy since her story touched me.  I remember  how hard it was when my sister-in-law was fighting ovarian cancer and how much she appreciate the cards that she received. I remember one of her cards fell behind the heating vent at the hospital and I spent a good 15 minutes trying to get it for her.  She was so happy that I rescued it.  She would read them over again, especially when she was alone and down.  So I understand what it meant when I read about sending a card to Maddy.  I got the inspiration for this card when I saw a bunch of flowers punched out and scattered all over the floor.  My 7 year old son was going to town with his new punch that he got from a garage sale.  He got out all my scraps and starting punching them out.  I immediately knew what card to make from the look of all those flowers and how pretty and colorful they look.
I embossed white cardstock with the dot embossing folder and Fiskars Fuse.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from TPC Studio with Versamark ink and white embossing powder.  I cut banner tails and placed the sentiment onto the card with foam adhesive.  All the flowers were punched and placed on the card with adhesive.  Three flowers had pearl embellishments placed in the center and placed on the card with foam adhesive.


This card was made especially for Maddy in hopes that it will brighten her day.  This is the link for information on Maddy.  This card is also entered in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge and Cas-ual Friday Over The Edge challenge.
  Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog


2 comments:

  1. I love this rainbow of colors across your card! So pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.