Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Masculine Cupcake Birthday Card

I always try to jam as much into my day as possible, it seems.  I have definite chores that I had to get done since we are in the middle of renovating our house, but I always like to squeeze in extra things to do.  My craft supplies are expanding, so now lies the issue of storage, so in the middle of clearing the mudroom, I find myself emptying this plastic storage unit I had.  I know, I like my life complicated and chaotic!  :-)  Anyway, I was much happier now that is done, but I still had my other chores, which did not get done until 10pm.  Oh well, at least it is done, but I did not want to get up this morning.  I got the case of the Mondays. I'm catching up on my blogging.  I have to say that this is my new hobby.  I'm having fun doing it and changing the display was perfect for me.  Now I can view every single card I made.  I have to go back to some of my old post and separate out the ones that I had multiple cards in one posting, especially the washi tape one, so bear with me.  I feel this is a quick glance of inspiration for me by viewing all my cards as thumbnails.  Also, the label categories were perfect for me to group my cards together.
Super simple card to make.  I had these triangle scrap paper and thought I make use of them.  I embossed the green triangle with Sizzix dot embossing folder.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from TPC Studio on gray square cardstock with Brilliance Mediterranean Blue ink pad and clear embossing powder.  I stamped the cupcake on white cardstock and on pattern papers from Authentique and Echo Park.  I cut the cupcake out and colored the one on white cardstock.  I cut just the top on the blue pattern paper and just the bottom on the polka dot pattern paper and adhere them both with foam adhesive to the white cupcake.  I used glaze pens on the sprinkles to give it shine and dimension.  This card is entered in the Simon Says Stamp Masculine/Father's Day Challenge.




Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.