Monday, June 3, 2013

Celebrate With Photography Masculine Card

Camera images seem to be really trendy now.  I would have gotten these supplies even if it wasn't trendy.  They are the perfect tools to use for scrapbooking but mostly, perfect for my husband.  He is an excellent photographer.  I love so many of his photos and tried to convince him to enter them in a local contest but he is like me, a private person.  Though, with this blog, I am slowly coming out of my shell.  I have to admit that I am still very shy about displaying my work, and still blush when someone compliments me on my work.  I know, right?!  I'm still learning how to accept compliments well.  I truly appreciate them, so excuse my awkwardness, and know that I cherish your kind words and am flattered.  I get so excited when I get comments from people, especially on my blog; and apparently, so does my son, since he loves it when I share it with him.  Anyway, I made this card for my husband, the photographer, who makes us smile so often, and is so good about documenting our life with his pictures.  I thought it would make a good father's day card, though it could be a birthday card since the sentiment applies to many occasions.

I stamped the sentiments on black cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  The smile stamp is from KI Flashback Collection and the celebrate sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages stamp set.  I ran tan cardstock with the film strip embossing folder from Darice through the Fiskars Fuse.  I distressed film strip with Distress Frayed Burlap ink and adhered it diagonally onto the card base.  I stamped out the camera from KI Flashback Collections clear stamps and used an aqua pen to color it with black dye ink.  I used foam adhesive to place it onto the card and used Crystal Lacquer on the lens and buttons on the camera to finish the card.  This card is entered in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes since I just missed their last challenge deadline- photo related theme.  I've been too busy getting my garden together.  I'm loving the rain for my plants.  Yay!


4 comments:

  1. Love that filmstrip embossing folder! Your card is a great masculine one, something that most of us struggle with, so well done! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too. Having a long embossing folder is so nice for a big layout.

      Delete
  2. This card is so cool, Linda! I love everything about it and now I have to get that film strip embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I'm sooo flattered! I'm a fan of your creations and follow your blog. Good luck with the next challenge and congratulation on making the top 20!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.